Thursday, April 01, 2010

The memory behind the secretive smile

I was busy with my work while listening to my friend babble bout some girl he liked when he said, "I liked X from the moment I saw her walking in through the gates with Y on her first day"

I looked up from my work. Something was not right.

Me: "You saw her on her FIRST day, walking in with Y?"
Him: "Yeah"
Me: "Are you sure?"
Him: "Of course. It was just her and Y walking in together that morning."

And he went on to describe her clothing on that morning. Collared t-shirt and jeans.

I nodded and smiled to myself.

On that day, also my first day, I had walked in with Y, wearing a collared t-shirt and jeans.

1 comment:

Unknown to Herself said...

My heart skipped a beat when I read this post! It really scared me. In a good way though ^-^