Thursday, July 21, 2005

SSS: Stronger than yesterday

I know, I use to love SSS at one moment n then hate it. It can make me so proud of it one second, then SO MAD at it the next. The frustrations n challenges i faced seem never ending, the things i did seem useless.. but then, at the end of the day, when things go well, everything i did just seem worth it.

During the hard times exspecially, I use to think that SSS brought me down, made life worse, sucked out my fun, make me lose my friends (or at least, make me hardly know them anymore), and weakened my faith cos challenges just keep coming my way. I sure was wrong.

Now, after stepping down from being SSS President after my term was over, I realise, that SSS had done a lot more for me than I ever thought possible.

It actually made me a stronger person, a better person, kept me in touch with God and made me a better leader!

I still did in a way, lose my closest friends. I don’t know them as much as I used to. But then again, when I think about it, it is because of that, that I had actually stopped being ‘clickish’ and had become more open to know others and made many more friends. Something I couldn’t really do, if I had stuck on to my closest friends all the time. I may have lost something, but I had gained more.

Being a leader in SSS had also made me realise that there's better things in life that I can do instead of just having fun all the time. In the Stacie Orrico's song 'More To Life', she sang 'There's gotta be more to life...Than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me'. Yes, there IS more to life than that! And I found it in God. It is by serving Him that I find meaning and satisfaction in life.

Best of all, being a leader in SSS strengthened my faith. I was dumb enough to think SSS was wrecking my spiritual life. I thought it was making me lose my trust in God, but instead, it really really taught me to trust in Him and rely on Him more. MUCH more.

Eventhough SSS was discouraging and kinda 'brought me down'. The discouragement is what made me strive to work harder! Become better! Trust God more! and in the end, I just became stronger! Than I ever thought that I could be.

This is MY version of the Britney Spears song 'Stronger'

Oh, yeah!..
Now I’m… Stronger than yesterday!
Now it’s nothing but God's way!
My doubtful self ain’t killing me no more.
I’m stronger!

Than I ever thought that I could be.
I used to do things my way. Didn’t really trust in God
You might think that I can't last long, but you’re wrong
‘Cause now I’m… STRONGER!

Now, everything is clearer, and I cannot thank God enough for choosing me to be a leader in SSS. Though it was hard, it was worth it. It’s not really because I’m a better leader or a better person. It is mainly because I have learned to trust Him more and have grown stronger in my faith in Him.

No comments: