Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Teddy Bear



Mr. Teddy Bear. My teddy bear that's served me well. He's been there for me all the time. The most sympathetic and comforting friend. A fantastic listener. He was sad when i was sad, n happy when i was happy. He never pressured me into anything. Never asked me to be who I'm not. It's travelled with me to Australia and America. It's survived many bathes... but the last one was a bit too much for it... =(

Sometime this year, when i was really REALLY down n lonely, sitting around alone in my room dwelling in self pity, i happened to be looking at Teddy.. Ah! My dear ol' friend! I took him down from my shelf and started talking to him, pouring out my heart to him, n crying like how i did when i was younger. It felt good.

At the end of it all, i realised that i had abandoned it for WAY too long n he probably was lonely like me too sitting in the shelf unattended just collecting dust. I wanted to sleep with it again like how i did last time. But he was just too dusty. So i put it into the laundry basket to be washed. Just as i was putting it in, i looking at it fondly and thinking, 'What a beautiful teddy bear. This must be the nicest teddy bear in the world. Ahh.. teddy bears just arent made like this anymore' And in it went into the laundry basket.. headed towards it's destroyment.

Aunty Brigitte had put my teddy bear in the cupboard the next day. When i was about to go to sleep, i remembered it, n reached into the cupboard in the dark to get it. When i took it, it just didnt feel right. There was something wrong with it. TERRIBLY wrong! It could feel the difference! Immediately i grabbed my glasses on n went to turn on the light. What i saw really brought me great horror! My dear teddy bear seem to have grown 80 years overnight! i was SOOOO shocked! SO horrifed! My heart seemed to have stopped! My TEDDY! NOOOOO!!! n tears just welled in my eyes n i cried over it.

Later i tried n tried to get it back into it's old position. To look like how it did last time. I combed his now sheep like fur to return it to it's nice soft fine condition. Try n shape his body back to be more upright. All my efforts only made it a little better. It was beyond repair. N i cried again in frustration. I was just SOOOOO sad...

Now i treat it really nicely. I dont abandon it anymore. No way am i going to abandon my best friend who's been there for me from the moment we met when i was barely a kid. In his old age n depression, i will b there for him!



No comments: