Monday, February 04, 2008

I fell... again.

"What's new?"
"What? Audrey fell? Again? That's nothing new"

That's how ppl would react. That's if they didnt laugh or just shake their head.

Walking down to Petaling Street from church today in the rain, it was difficult to stay on my slippers, what more stay on my feet. There was no grip on and under my slippers. With extra caution and walking at a snail's speed, i managed to stay on my feet despite roughly 5 near slips.

Alas, my luck is not so good. Going down the stairs, I finally slipped and fell. It was no surprise to me. I was pretty much waiting for it. But I wish i fell on flat ground instead of in the MIDDLE of a flight of STEPS with a group of guys not too far behind me.

It hurt a quite a bit cos it was a fast and hard fall, and the steps didnt help either. But i managed to get up immediately and walk on. My mother was alarmed. Especially since i almost slipped again when i was going on down the remainder of the steps.

I got what i call minor scrapes on my elbow. It doesnt look like much. But it REALLY freakin hurts!

And as always, every cloud has a silver lining. I got new shoes! My mom didnt want me walking around in that (literally) killer slippers.

1 comment:

d a r k l i n g said...

audrey darling, STOP FALLING.

grrr...u'd better be in one piece when i'm back.

:D