Friday, February 08, 2008

My dog ate my cactus

I had a flatmate who moved out after a month or so. During her stay, she bought a little cactus plant in a little pot which she left on her table. I don't know if she watered it or anything. She was very quiet and it was difficult trying to interact with her.

When she left, she left behind her cactus. With nothing to do, my other flatmates and I "adopted" the cactus as our own. We didn't know much bout cactuses but we did our best. We watered it daily, put it out in the sun on our balcony, took it in whenever the cleaners came by to make sure it won't get toppled over, and pulled insects that got stuck on its thorns.

December came and we were all going back home for a few weeks. The poor cactus would have no one to take of it in Nottingham, so I brought it back home. It was put on a wall out of reach of my crazy dog.

A few days later, I called my dog over for fun and saw he had something in his mouth. Initially, I thought it was a snail. Even after he dropped the item, i couldn't figure out what it was. This strange dark greenish roundish and bumpy thing. Then to my horror, i realised it was my cactus! My dog was chewing on my cactus! The poor thing! It's gonna die! (I was thinking of my cactus). Turns out, my poor cactus was blown off the wall by the wind.

Only later when my brother went "How's the dog?" did i remember my dog's mouth must've been pretty pricked up. But it didn't matter cos it was fine and smiling, and ready to chew up the remainder of my cactus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi all, how how is everyone?

Anonymous said...

Stuck !
Hey can you show me where i can put my photo so it shows up at the side ? cheers