Sunday, July 01, 2007

Burnt. Red.

Most ppl who get stay under the sun for long get dark brown. I get a shade of reddish brown.

When I get sunburnt. I get RED!!! (I'd show pics but i dont really want pics of me so skimpily dressed on my blog. Too open to strangers.)

I just returned from Redang with 14 other MCKL friends at 4.15 this morning and I'm still RED!!! Freshly red and still radiating out heat like a microwave despite having first gotten burnt 2-3 days ago.

The colour is fine with me. Im not one of those chinese girls who want to look like snow white. Neither do I purposely go burning myself under the sun to look tanned or watever like those whites. I'll just do whatever I like n if it gets me dark, fine with me.

The heat is fine. Quite interesting actually. I would've taken my baby termometer to measure the temperature of the sunburnt skin if i could find it.

What really sucks is the PAIN!! ARGH!!! Never in my life have i ever been THIS burnt! Never have i experience this much pain from sunburn! Take note: Im no newbie to sunburn. The slightest touch on my shoulders hurt! Even wearing my normal light and loose fitting spaghetti strap top hurts! Sitting back on a chair, lying on my bed, leaning against the wall... ARGH! Torture! Somehow, even pushing my arms and shoulders backwards hurt too!

Ah! The peeling of my skin will be interesting. I'll take pics if it peels amazingly/nicely/grossly.. watever u'd describe it.

Anyway, the fun I had in Redang with my college friends made every bit of the sunburn, suffering and all, was worth it. I'll blog about it later on.

No comments: