Monday, July 02, 2007

OB Nite

MCKL is small. So when we have any event, EVERYONE's gotta be in it or it'll just be too small. So the MCKL Orientation Ball aka OB Nite is a formal event to welcome the freshies and prom night for the seniors. Fine with us since everyone knows everyone in MCKL.

I finally managed to get some pics from that night.


This is a dance by a bunch of normally VERY quiet talk-only-a-few-words-when-spoken-to guys. The leader of the group being the quietest of all. Shocking.

We got awards for the best dressed guy and girl. 5 guys and 5 girls are picked by selected lecturers on the night itself and brought up on stage. There they get scrutinised. As though that wasnt enough, someone went, "Hey! They're up there for best dressed! Isnt it natural that we make them do some modeling for us?". And so, the 5 guys and 5 girls had to do some modeling. The lecturers then voted for the winner.


That's the guy that got best dressed. He got a scarf of black feathers.


That's me. Best dressed girl. (Dont ask how. I dont know. I was so totally clowning around when I did my 'modeling'.) I got some ridiculous white feather scarf and little girl feathery 'crown'. My dear Sara and Jo who were the ones in charge of getting the prizes thought it'd be funny to get something funny for the best dressed winners.

We got King and Queen for every intake. Freshie King n Queen, July intake King and Queen, and Prom/OB Nite King and Queen (Seniors). These are voted for 2 days before OB Nite and the votes are counted privately by Nigel, a committee member, and announced on the night itself.


This is our Freshie King and Queen, Justin and Phoebe. Lookie JS and YLDP ppl! There's our Phoebe!


The July intake King and Queen, Jega and Aaida.


Oh! And there's me again. Pang Tsen and I as Prom King and Queen. (Dont ask me how. I dont know.)


A picture of the Kings and Queens. Ah, the tiaras the queens got were damn nice!


The Kings and Queens getting the first dance. Or perhaps you might call it a "shuffle around to avoid stepping on the other's toes while trying to look like we're dancing".

I've got more pics. But a load of them are really bad and dark due to the terrible lighting. These here are those that turned out ok and wouldnt bore u all to death (eg. cam whoring pics).

Ah, OB Nite was a blast. The best so far according to the lecturers =) Winning two awards made me feel like such a greedy pig. But still, it was flattering since it's the first time it happened in MCKL history =P Thanks to all who voted for me! Undeserving as i am.

No comments: