Tuesday, May 02, 2006

JS: A passing dream

It's May already, believe it or not. It doesnt feel like May. It doesnt feel like I've lived in this year long enough for it to reach May already! Where did the pervious 4 months go? Yeah, I know college has started, and life's been really bz, full of travelling to college, being in college for long hours, accounting homework, reading law and econs; and as always, when u're bz, time just flies. But i started college in March. What happened to January and February? TWO MONTHS! Where did that go?

Oh. Right. JS. That's where i was.

And so I try to remember JS. Imagine it. Visualise it. Put myself back in those days. They seem so recent yet so far. Like a dream. A passing dream. A different world in itself.

I put myself back in JS life. STM. The single room i shared with Gerviene then the double room. The 2nd Floor Girls Club. Sleeping in a sleeping bag every night, my endless alarms in the morning that end up waking gerviene instead, Gerviene waking me up finally, being in classes, being surrounded by friends, the feel of being in the classroom, seeing my dear friends everyday, meal times, remember the taste of the food, hearing 'mangkuk' every now and then, weekend trips away from STM, staying in different churches, the week in Kuantan, being surrounded by peers 24/7.

Yeah, i can remember it all pretty well. But yet, it seems so far away. So unreal. It may have been 6 weeks long stretched over 2 months, but yet, it just seem to have passed as quickly as a dream. Sometimes i wonder if i really was there.

Clinging onto JS memories is like clinging on to a dream. It's there yet not there. Real yet unreal. Too good to be true. When i think, 'I went to Jeremiah School', I'm like, 'When?' and then i recall, yeah, it was earlier this year, then i go, 'Wow... i was actually there..' and i stop awhile to take it all in.

But life goes on. JS was like a little stint in my life that taught me a great deal of worthwhile things. But it's not something to cling to. Not something we should dream and hope to relive cos no matter how hard we try, we can never go back to those JS days. It's the sad sad brutally cold truth. We can just reminise over those days, maintain our friendships, and take hold of the lessons we learnt and bring it out in our daily lives.

No comments: