Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Blood donation #2

"Not only are we asking for your money, we are asking for your blood"

That was what the pastor said before the end of the service regarding the blood donation drive in my church on the 3rd of Dec (that day's sermon was about pledges).

I super shit scared to donate my blood.. Horrifying images of huge needle brutally piercing my arm filled my mind. But in the end i did do it cos I was sure if my dad was there, he'd really want me to do so.

I passed all the check ups. I guess that was good cos that meant that i am healthy. Bad cos gone was my excuse for not donating my blood.

The thing itself wasnt too bad. They gave me some sort of injection with clear liquid. That kinda hurt. Then came the needle to take the blood. It was BIG!!! Fuh! I was thinking, if the 1st one which was so small can hurt, surely the big needle would be EVEN WORSE! Very quickly, they CUCUK me with the needle SOOOO BIG!!! But turns out, it wasnt all that painful. Maybe even hurt a little less than the first one.

My blood pumped out quite fast. I was pretty happy bout it. Then b4 they took out the needle, they took some of my blood n put inside some sort of tabung uji. When they finally took out the needle, there was no pain at all.

When the blood bag was in reach, i went and cucuk it with my finger... i could feel my blood was so warm =P

After it all, i got a free food n drinks, a RM10 chicken rice shop voucher and a free T-shirt =)

As for how i felt, I was ok.. though i did feel a bit numb and weak.

No comments: